Let me state this very clearly, this does not apply to Law enforcement agenies or the Military.
Yes that’s right; I think all guns should be banned. No one should have a gun. Gun violence is getting out of hand everywhere, not just in this country. I think if you get caught committing a crime with a gun, you go to jail and you never come back out. I have the right to speak out freely on my desire to see all guns banned as it is for those that want to keep guns. Having said all of that, I know what I want is unreasonable and impractical. Banning of guns will never happen.
So let’s discuss guns for a few minutes and how dangerous they really are. Oh please all of the gun supporters and NRA members, don’t flood me with messages about how guns don’t kill, it is people that kill and if I feel that way, then we need to get rid of knives and cars and a plethora of other things that are used to kill. I don’t want to hear about the Constitution and our right to bear arm. Personally I like the one about the Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness, and I think that is way more important.
So let’s be practical, I just don’t think anyone really “NEEDS” to have a handgun. Give me 1 good reason why you need a handgun. Before you say for self protection, wouldn’t a shotgun be a better choice? Many people can’t shoot the broad side of a barn with a handgun at least with a Shotgun you are going to hit something, a lot of something’s. I think that’s pretty good protection….. So is a guard dog and he can keep your feet warm on a cold night. Let’s see a gun do that. Ahhhh now you are going to say Hunters….. Hunters don’t “Need” hand guns. Shotguns for a hunter are impractical also, they spray shot all over the place and honestly the animal suffers and I don’t want to see that. So I think a rifle is OK for Hunters ONLY. That’s right, you have to actually HUNT in order to purchase a rifle and you have to get a hunting license every year and prove you are actually hunting.
So I say we ban anything that is not a shotgun or a rifle. That’s pretty easy, oh I hear the wheels turning out there, and you think you have me…… Well someone can take that shotgun or rifle and use it to kill someone etc…. Well here is the thing, they are pretty big items, and are harder to conceal than a hand gun, so I think if we were more alert we could run away, or call the police before it became a huge problem. We could also paint them all Neon Pink or Green or Yellow, make it a lot easier to spot.
Now let me state this very plainly so everyone understands. There is absolutely NO Reason whatsoever that ANYONE, and I mean ANYONE “NEEDS” an assault or tactical rifle. I don’t think you should have any type of gun that shoots more than 2 bullets with 1 pull of the trigger. OH and I do realize that assault / tactical rifles are used in a very small percentage of murders In the United States, but when they are used, way too many people are killed or injured at the same time. You just don’t NEED one, No one should Have one, and nothing you say will convince me otherwise so don’t even try.
So I am thinking Shotgun = Protection (although I still like the dog idea) Rifle (Hunter). All others should be melted down, and production stopped.
OK so I know none of that will never happen, but let’s get real people, how many more innocent people / children need to die before we do something. We really do need to get it under control. So here are my guidelines for Gun Control, any politician that may read this, please go ahead and call it your own.
- One fully functioning gun per person.
- You and everyone that lives in your home must know how to load, unload fire and properly secure your gun at all times, and must be certified and recertified every year.
- If you have a history of mental illness, you can’t have a gun.
- If you live with someone that has a history of mental illness you can’t have a gun.
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, you can’t have a gun.
- If you wish to collect guns, they cannot be fully functioning. Whatever makes them work must be removed and surrendered to the police.
- If you want to carry your gun around with you, you must pay a very large licensing fee in order to do that.
- If you commit a crime with your gun, Go to Jail, go directly to Jail. Do not pass Go, Do not collect $200.00
- If you are on any kind of welfare or charitable program, you can’t have a gun.
- If you are unemployed for more than a year, you cannot have a gun.
- If you are not a high school graduate, you cannot have a gun.
- If you do not volunteer or participate in community service projects, you cannot have a gun.
I think that should be good for now. So to all of the zealots out there that wave the constitution stating they have a right to “Bear Arms” I say, I have the right to “LIFE, LIBERTY and the Pursuit of Happiness” and in Laurie’s world, that is done without guns.